It's WEEK #2
We’re at the end of the first week of our 21-day Food Prep Challenge, led by our very own exercise physiologist, Vanessa B. aka Coach V! We focused this week on saving money while shopping. How do you think you did? As a quick recap, let’s take a look at the five tips shared with you to keep our wallets and bellies happy.
- Make a list and stick to it! Shopping without a list can lead to impulse buys, so carrying a physical list with you can help to prevent unnecessary purchases at the grocery store.
- Have a snack before you go. Going shopping with some food in tour stomach might encourage you to forgo munchies you don’t really need.
- Shop with coupons. Use sales and coupons to your advantage! Some stores even offer discounts on products whose expiration dates are drawing near, so be sure to look for what you need tonight in that section.
- Buy in-season produce. This not only reduces your shopping bill, but it also cuts down on pollution created by transporting produce from far away locations.
- Look for store sponsored apps to save even more. Some stores offer discounts, rebates, and coupons exclusive to app users, so be sure to download them before heading out!
We’re so happy you’ve made it to the end of the first week, and you should be proud that you’re taking steps toward a healthier lifestyle. Be sure to read the articles Meal Prepping for Beginners from PF Geeks and How Meal Prepping Saves You Money from EatingWell to get even more info on the benefits of food prep. Next week, we’re looking at portion control and how thinking about how much you eat is just as important as what you’re eating. Stick with it!
Tell your friends and family to join the challenge. It's not to late! Be sure to follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook to keep up with the latest news from Envision2bWell.
See you next week!
Coach V, America College of Sports Medicine Certified Exercise Physiologist
To Join this challenge, download EnvisionWell App®